If you want to see some of the features in action please have a look at the video done by Federico:
Features we have implemented in the first sprint:
- Diff view (EE). We have implemented a visual diff based on the rendered HTML output.
- Translation export/import (EE). Export and import of translatable text to and from CSV files. The export uses the dialog configuration to determine what should be exported and what not.
- Soft locking (EE). Show a warning message if other users have a page open in the edit mode.
- ModeShape support. Magnolia can now be backed with the JBoss JCR repository implementation.
- FCKEditor update. We updated to 2.6.6. The most interesting feature in this version is a SpellChecker.
- Early paragraph execution. Paragraphs sometimes want to execute logic before the page rendering starts. This is needed to perform operations like forward and redirect. This is now possible due to a new filter which executes the model in an early phase. This enables us to build multi-step forms (see next sprint).
- De-coupling deletion and de-activation. The immediate de-activation of content on deletion was always problematic. We have worked out a concept and are about to solve the issue.
- Reference view (EE). A page which lists content that references a page and content the page references. This can be used to build a warning message on deletion and to show dependent content in the workflow dialog.
- Multi-step forms (CE/STK). Enhancement of the form builder so that one can build wizard-like multi-step forms. Each step is created as a sub-page. Each step validates and the status is kept in the session. The concept is based on the new early paragraph execution.
Finally we want to thank Aperto (diff view), MediaCatalyst/Sony Europe (translation export/import) and fastforward (FCKEditor update) for their substantial contributions.
You can download the bundles from our Maven/Nexus repository. Be aware of the fact that those releases are definitely not meant to be used in production.